28 January 2015

This Handy Multi-Tool Can Be Worn Around The Wrist Like A Bracelet

[Click here to view the video in this article]







Oregon-based company Leatherman has created a handy multi-tool called the ‘Tread’ that can be worn around the wrist like a bracelet or watch.



Made of stainless steel links, each link comes equipped with “two to three functional tools”, ranging from box wrenches, screwdrivers, cutting hook, and bottle opener.



According to Leatherman president Ben Rivera, he said that the idea for the ‘Tread’ originated on a trip to Disneyland with his family.



He said, “I was stopped at the gate by security for carrying a knife, when what they had actually seen was my Skeletool. I was unwilling to give it up, so they made me take it all the way back to my hotel room. I knew there had to be another way to carry my tools with me that would be accepted by security.”



The Tread will be available in stainless steel or black, and will be priced at US$150 and $200 respectively.



To find out more check out the video below:

















[via Leatherman]